Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Reality

Today Dr Choo spoke to me and my sis.  

He told us that both he and Dr Chua decided to leave the tube in and let it drain for now. Even though Dr Agastian suggests that Papa go through the Pleurodesis again, they would like to give Papa a rest, start him on some exercise to build up his body before they decide on the procedure again. 

He then spoke to us about the future. That Papa's lungs will only get worse in future and if ever the day comes when his lungs are totally damaged and has to be totally dependent on machine and might be suffering, what are our plans?

To continue to let him be on the machine even if it might not be helping him and or will we listen to the doctor's advice on the best course of action? 

I guess this is something that we need to discuss among my sis and bro and even my mum. I'm not sure what would be the best decision if we ever comes to that, but I know what I would want if it ever happens to me. 

Personally if ever I am in a coma and is dependent on the machine to survive, I would ask for them to pull the plug and stop the suffering for them as well as for me.

No comments: