Sunday, October 19, 2014

Solo trip in Europe part 2 - day three in Copenhagen


Today is castles day. I set out in the morning to the first castle - Kronborg Castle. 

Located by the seaside, the place is damn windy, I was freezing when I was walking there. I regretted not wearing my down jacket instead. 

Unfortunately, the castle was not open when I arrived. I learnt one thing - everything in Copenhagen open late, even the tourist attractions. Everything either opens at 10 or 11 and closes at 4 or 5pm.  Anyway, I walked around the castle ground and took some pictures.


After Kronborg, I proceeded to Frederiksborg Castle. I couldn't see the castle from train station. But the first time I saw the castle, it took my breath away. The castle is way more beautiful than Kronborg. 


Of course these two castles cannot compare to the Neuschwanstein castle which simply looks so fairy tale.  But Frederiksborg looks really pretty too. And the town is also very charming. It was a pleasant walk to the castle. I finally tried the hot dog. Hmm...Jac said the hot dog in copenhagen is one of the best. I beg to differ though, I felt the ones I had in Stockholm tasted much better.


After the castle, I headed back to the main city where I went on to take the canal tour. Yawn, the canal tour is damn boring and I was freezing to death. 

Last destination of the day - Tivoli. The place is packed with families with kids. After all, it's an amusement park for kids. The whole park is currently decked out in Halloween decor, lots of pumpkins all over the place. 








No comments: