Sunday, October 19, 2014

Solo trip in Europe Part 2 - Day two in Copenhagen

Thank god my leg is ok again, no more knee pain. Yay!

The weather is dreadful today. It kept raining. Lucky I had my umbrella with me. I decided to go to Christianhavn today to see the Freetown Christiania.

Nothing much to see actually, just a small part in Copenhagen. Though I can see lots of men smoking marijuana in the morning! I can actually smell it in the air. 
There are three rules when you enter the main district where people smoke. No photo, no running and have fun. 


The sign you see when you leave the small community of Christiania.


After Christianhavn, it's shopping time!
I went to Stroget, the main shopping stretch. Such a disappointment. Everything is so expensive! Even the H&M. I had better luck buying stuff from Stockholm. The most time I spent is in Lego shop. 

I decided to visit Normann. Big mistake. I thought I read that the shop is in Osterport but my gps showed me another place which is rather far away. I decided to follow the gps which turned out to be a mistake. There was no Normann shop there and I ended up along so much for nothing. 

Not wanting to further aggravate my legs, I decided to give up. I went back to my apartment and rest before meeting Jac for dinner.

The restaurant, Madklubben, Jac had made reservation is only less than 10 mins walk away. The place is packed. Lucky it's not too expensive, the price is 100, 150, 200 or 250 depending on the number of course you choose. 

I had a great time catching up with Jac and the food is good. Jac gave me a few recommendations which I planned to try tomorrow. 

No comments: