Thursday, May 15, 2014

Solo Trip in Europe: Munich - Part 3

My flight was very early and I missed the hotel breakfast. I thought I would buy the cinamon bun to eat on the train but no time.  Their cinamon bun is super duper nice, unlike the one I tried in Bergen which sucks.

The train was pretty fast though I panicked a bit when the announcement came that the train will be making 2 stops. How the hell do I know which one should I alight? Lucky there was a booklet in the train which tells you which terminals are located in which stop. 

Sometimes I really like the European airports, so self service. You go to the machines and print out your own boarding pass and luggage tags then proceed to drop your checked in baggage. No queue at all. The only queue is at the immigration check.

While waiting for the plane, I tried to look for cinamon bun again but my leg was so tired that I ended up eating their burger instead - Max Burger. Taste pretty good. 

When the plane was landing, I was so happy to see that it's bright and sunny in Munich. I had enough of grey and gloomy weather. 

Now I have to figure out the way to take the train to the main station. There is no manned counter to buy tickets and the machine seems to complicated.  I was at one of the machine trying to figure out a way to buy my ticket when this lady offered to give me her ticket which is still valid for the day as she's departing already. Woohoo, such a nice gesture. 

Once again, I felt lost when I got to the main station, which way should I go to get to the hotel?  I'm smarter this time though, so I used GPS to make my way to the hotel. 

The hotel took in Munich is so much nicer, bigger and there's a kettle! I can finally have my instant noodle, need to offload them to make space in my luggage. 

After resting a short while, I headed out. I decided to walk to Marienplatz. Since I've been resting my feet. I thought should be ok. Haiz, after a while, my toes was hurting a lot. But I persisted. So I just walked around and also found the market. So nice, so crowded and so much nice food. I love Munich!




The weather here is rather unpredictable though, one hour it's sunny, then it started raining for around 30 min and it stopped and became sunny again. 

By now, my feet really hurt, I desperately looked for a pharmacy so that I can buy nail cutter to cut open the blister. I bought a blister plaster (I think it is since it looked like the 3M one back in Singapore) and also found a nail cutter. 

After I got back to the hotel, I couldn't find the 水泡. So I just decided to stick the plaster. 

I started reading more about the castle which I planned to visit tomorrow. I decided to go on an earlier train to beat the crowd. Hopefully I won't get lost! 


No comments: